School Bus Driver
Drives a school bus or other commercial passenger vehicle to designated locations, picks up children passengers and safely transports them to designated locations.
Job Description (partial)
- Performs pre-trip inspection including engine fluid levels to determine if bus is acceptable to drive.
- Completes a vehicle condition report and notifies mechanic of any defects.
- Fuels bus when required. (Optional)
- Safely drives bus while obeying all traffic laws. Ensures that safe loading and unloading procedures are followed at all times.
- Exhibits professional courteous behavior in all interactions with children, parents, teachers, administrators or anyone in the general public.
- Maintains control of student activities on the bus.
- Attends all required safety and in-service training programs.
- Ensures bus is clean at all times and that aisle always are kept clear for safe access to emergency exits.
- Directs the safe evacuation of the school bus in the event of an emergency.
- Maintains valid driver's license and immediately reports any changes in license status.
- Conducts post-trip bus inspection and verifies that no child remains on the bus at the end of the route/day.